Look at y’all bitch ass fellaz
Stop lyin on your dick -ass fellaz
Look at y’all lookin’ ass fellaz
Stop lookin’ at my ass, ass fellaz
Look at y’all lyin’ ass fellaz
Talkin’ ’bout “It’s paid off” but it’s financed, lyin’ ass fellaz
Bunch of non-mogul ass fellaz
Frontin’ like they got a plan, Boost Mobile ass fellaz
Look at y’all. Can’t get a job so you plottin’ how to rob -ass fellaz
I ain’t gonna check for y’all, but if I’ma gonna check for y’all, I’ma need a check from y’all fellaz
I don’t want sex, give a damn about your ex
I don’t even want a text from y’all fellaz
Those are just a few of the lyrics from the very popular song, “Lookin’ Ass N***as” by Nicki Minaj, said to be featured on her upcoming album, “The Pink Print”. I am definitely what Nicki calls a “Ken-Barb”, which is what she calls her male fans, many of whom are gay. I happen to like this song very much and have seen the video a few times already. Nicki Minaj told USA Today, “This is not a single, this is a conversation.” A conversation that must be had, if you ask me!
What exactly is that conversation? What is the song really telling us? In true Nicki fashion, there is a lot here to distract you: sexy video imagery, provocative social media posts, a revealing wardrobe, catchy lyrics, etc. Nicki went on to tell USA Today, “People frown upon the use of the N-word yet they praise n***a behavior”. I think that is a point worth delving into.
Throughout her short song, Nicki walks us through a plethora of examples of what exactly makes a #LAN. Reading the lyrics while listening to the song, you get a feel for the sentiment behind it, at which point you may realize that you, too, have been exposed to many #LAN. How have they shown up in your life?
Top 10 Type of Lookin Ass Fellaz
1. If your date felt you owed him some ass because he paid for dinner, he was a #LAN.
2. If you’ve ever gone out with a man who tried to get some ass from you on the first date, he was a #LAN.
3. If you’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with a man who refused to take “No” for an answer, he was a #LAN.
4. If you’ve ever been out with a man who clearly was trying too hard to impress you, he was a #LAN.
5. If you’ve ever been lied to, misled, deceived or cheated on by a man…he was a #LAN.
6. If you’ve ever met a man whose only job was to front full-time, he was a #LAN.
7. If a man has ever stolen from you or never returned something he was only supposed to borrow, he was a #LAN.
8. If you’ve ever been disrespected, insulted, offended, or put down by a man, he was a #LAN.
9. If you’ve ever been made to feel less-than, unworthy or not good enough, the man that made you feel that way was a #LAN.
10. If you’ve ever had a man try to convince you to go bareback or to let him “hit it raw”, he was a #LAN. Furthermore, THAT man holds public office in #LAN-Land.
Those are just a few of the multitude of Lookin Ass Fellaz I’ve come across. I am fully aware that it sucks to be done wrong by others, but I also know that for many of us, myself included, the first thought we have is:
What did I do?
What could I have done differently?
I messed up! It’s my fault! I’m to blame!
Let me remind you that other people’s wrong-doings have nothing to do with you; they are only a reflection of them. You just saw me describe a few different #LANs. What kind of things have #LANs put you through? Tell me, I want to know! Let’s extend this list of 10 to 100 or 1000.
Keep your guard up and be on the look-out for Lookin Ass Fellaz, Lookin Ass Bruthaz, Lookin Ass Hataz, Lookin Ass B**chez, etc!
**Reaches for binoculars**
-’Berto : )